Friday, February 26, 2010

With Humble Thanks...

"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19.

This is a verse I've turned to again and again through the years. In all honesty though, I tend to think of God's provision in terms of physical things - money for college textbooks, a car, the payments for a mission trip. He has never failed to supply my need. This week though, He reminded me of another way He provides for me. Friendship. Encouragement. Love.

Last Sunday I celebrated my *ahem* 30th birthday. Yes, I admitted it. Anyway, although I have been looking forward to starting a new year, over the last few weeks I've been emotional and just kind of "down". I don't really know why (and no, I don't think my new age has anything to do with it), it's just one of those times I guess. I've spent a lot of time seeking God lately, begging him to show me something, anything to clear up the questions and confusion I have about various life issues. Well, He answered. I still have questions about things, but God did show me something. He loves me. I know this, but sometimes I forget and feel overlooked and forgotten.

I was privileged to spend an entire day with my best friend last weekend. We had a blast and in light of the fact that she is about to move 5 hours away, I was grateful for our time together. However, more than the gift, the meal, and the delicious cheesecake :) it was the sweet blog she wrote that meant the most. Yesterday, I received a box in the mail from a dear friend living 4 hours away (4 hours away , 5 hours away - I think I'm getting a complex!) It was filled with lots of fun things and I enjoyed opening each one and reading the accompanying note. However, once again it was the sweet card and written prayer that meant the most. I don't think I realized how much I needed the encouragement until it came. This past week, it has been as if God has gently whispered to me, "I haven't forgotten. I love you. "

God has given me amazing blessings throughout the years and topping that list are wonderful, encouraging friends. Even though we've usually lived hours away, our friendships have stood the test of time and many miles and they have always been there for me. Even now, when I'm sure they didn't even realize how much I needed them. However, God knew and once again, provided what I needed at just the right time.

So it is with humble gratitude that I say, thank you, ladies, for allowing God to use you to minister to me. You will never know what you mean to me.

1 comment:

Lori said...

The box was meant to make you smile and this post returned the favor!! Very sweet! I feel honored that God would use me to encourage you - He's used you in so many ways in my life!! Love you!