Monday, January 11, 2010

Lest We Forget...

"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Thy faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I have hope in Him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him." Lamentations 3:21-25

God listens when we pray! I know this, but sometimes I forget. For the past several months I have prayed over several different issues. I've been desperate to hear from God. No, this is not one of those times where I feel my prayers are just hitting the ceiling, or I feel that God is absent from my life. In recent months, God has taught me a lot about who he is and who I am becoming and for that I am grateful. Still, I have experienced intense frustration over not seeing answers as quickly as I would like them. (Patience is a virtue...apparently one I don't have.) As horrible as it sounds, some days I just feel overlooked.

This past weekend though, God gave me a reminder that He is still working in my life and he is listening. I received a phone call on Thursday regarding the Ukraine mission trip this summer. It is time, once again to purchase tickets and make plans for July. When asked "are you going?" I said "probably." Later that day I began to think about it. I didn't really pray about it. I just said "okay, I'll go." I spent most of Thursday night praying about the trip - did God want me to go, where would the money come from if he did, is this what I want or what God wants? I went to sleep with lots of questions, but also the peace that I would know sooner or later and all the details would be taken care of. Well, after all my frustration over having to wait on answers, God didn't take long with this one. The very next day, Friday, I received another phone call. My trip has been paid for through an anonymous donor! I guess I got my answer.

Yes, the financial details being worked out so soon is great. I am excited about going back to Ukraine this summer. However, the most important thing I took away from all this is the fact that God has not forgotten about me. Yes, there are still several things I am praying about and seeking direction for, but this weekend gave me renewed hope that answers are coming - eventually. It was if God whispered, "I am listening. To all of it. I care about the details. I care about you. Be patient. I'm working on it."

Thank you God for answered prayer!

1 comment:

Lori said...

We call these "Wow God!" moments at Hopewell! Thanks for sharing yours - I'm praying about a Ukraine trip as well!