Christmas Eve. When I was little, it was the longest day of the year. All the excitement leading up to Christmas - I could barely wait. Now, I no longer have trouble falling asleep on Christmas Eve, but it is still one of my favorite days of the year. There is something about it. Still. Quiet. Beautiful. Mysterious. The day we celebrate the arrival of God to this fallen world. Think about it. The King of kings, Creator of the universe, the
I AM put aside everything to come down here, wrap himself in a human body and live like us. "The Word became flesh." "God with us." Wow. Words fail me. May I never forget the extent God will willing to go to rescue me.
O come, O come Immanuel
And ransom captive Israel.
That mourns in lonely exile here;
Until the Son of God appear.
Rejoice! Rejoice!
Immanuel shall come to thee O Israel.
"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in you." Psalm 5:11
5 comments:
Love what you wrote. What sticks with me is "let all who take refuge in you be glad" I need to work on being glad at all times! Merry Christmas to you and your family. Send them lots of LOVE from the Sansoms and the Foremans. I would love to know how the holiday goes for your mom especially. My prayer for you all is that she can enjoy it and you all can enjoy some good days with her!
Beautiful! I will never sing "Joy to the World" again! To think that I would still be wandering as an exiled refuge in this world without my Jesus. Thanks for sharing!
Oops! I meant that I would never sing it the same again!
Finally I am responding to you! I hope you are well. . .it has been forever! I love your blog! Thanks for the football advice. Point well taken. I think I am leaning toward admitting that I do not care so I don't have to waste time pretending to listen to recruitment possibilites and statistics. UGH! I am also with you on the "Happy Holidays." Of course Christ is about Christmas. I think that's understood. For those who have a problem with that, well Christmas is sad and empty for them. My heart is heavy for those people because we all know, no gift or family or time with loved ones can complete Christmas no matter WHAT kind of greeting is used. . .wow, I can get off on a tanget! Anyway, I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and tell your family I said hello. I hope to see you soon!
Can't wait to hear all about your night! Please eat some gourmet food for me. :) Actually, there are different theories about the horn on the whales head, but the one most logical to me is that it uses it to break ice. Since you asked. :)
Post a Comment